Holt Real Estate
Delhi Township Community
We’ve mastered the art of balancing development and quality of life. A superb growing ground for children and teens, Delhi Township boasts four Michigan Exemplary Schools, and Holt’s high school was recognized as one of the top 100 schools in the nation.
With a Big Ten university next door, as well as Lansing Community College, Davenport College of Business, and Cooley Law School, we’re at the center of lifelong learning.
For the spirit we offer 100 acres of parks. For health, three major hospital systems are mere minutes away, and our proximity to Lansing and Michigan State University offers countless cultural opportunities.
Delhi Township’s first settlers arrived in 1837 and the township was established on April 4, 1842. Since then, this diverse community has matured into a vibrant and special blend of homes and businesses, with a population of just over 25,000.
While maintaining its small town atmosphere, Delhi Township offers many opportunities, whether personal, recreational or business. It is home to many national and international companies which provide a broad range of products and services around the world.
A master land use plan is in place to ensure that the community continues to develop in a manner that provides the highest quality of life for those who reside here while assuring opportunities for businesses and those who will arrive.
Delhi Township is often called “Holt.”
Holt is one of the oldest unincorporated communities in Michigan and is located in the Charter Township of Delhi. Holt is neither a city nor a village. It is a zip code area. Holt was first named Delhi Center, but this conflicted with Delhi Mills in Washtenaw County. So in 1860 the name was changed to Holt, in honor of Postmaster General James Joseph Holt.
Why do people come to Delhi Township?
• They come because of the rural/country/small town atmosphere
• They come because of the excellent school systems
• They come because the township is centrally located and quickly accessible to the City of Lansing and Michigan State university, and all the activities revolving around both areas
• They come to live in the “Downtown” area, or in one of the township’s many beautiful subdivisions, or to live in the rural areas
What does Delhi Township offer?
•Delhi Township has eight parks, which include a beachfront swimming area, a sledding hill, tennis courts, softball fields, basketball courts,playgrounds, trails, senior citizen activities, picnic areas and four pavilions to rent.
(Burchfield Park – a county park is also located in Delhi Township. Located on Grovenburg Road on the Grand River, this park offers seasonal activities which include a winter toboggan run, bicycle trails, ski trails, hiking trails, a swim area, and general picnic areas.)
• Delhi Township has more than seventeen churches.
• Delhi Township has excellent senior citizen housing and activities program, including the Sam Corey Senior Citizen Center.
• Delhi Township has numerous service clubs which sponsor activities such as steak dinners, chicken barbecues, parades, and provide support to the Delhi Township Community.
• Delhi Township has several shopping centers, banks, restaurants, and a variety of convenience stores, unique stores and local businesses.
Where is Delhi Township?
Delhi Charter Township is located south of the City of Lansing. The central location provides easy access to Grand Rapids, Battle Creek, Detroit, Chicago, Toledo and points beyond.
Delhi Township is only minutes from Michigan State University, Lansing’s Capital City Airport and the center of state government. The boundaries for Delhi Township are Nichols Road on the south, Waverly Road on the west, College Road on the east, and then jogs along Jolly, Willoughby, and I-96 on the north. Annexations by the City of Lansing resulted in the jagged northern township boundary, leaving Delhi Township with 28.5 square miles.